November 5, 2012 – Security is often described as being like an onion - it's got to be provided in layers, such that even if a miscreant manages to get past one or two barriers, there are still several more that could repel him (or her). When a company consumes compute resources over a cloud, there are even more layers required, as the bank's IT and security departments are a few steps removed from the data and applications they're charged with protecting.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!