Australian physician software vendor iSoft Group has acquired BridgeForward Software Inc., a Middleton, Mass.-based vendor of integration and data migration software, for $14.9 million.
The acquisition marks iSoft's entrance into the U.S. market. The company now sells practice management, electronic health records and related applications in 39 nations with strong market share in the United Kingdom. The company was at this year's Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Conference in Chicago.
The acquisition also gives iSoft integration software to facilitate interoperability as it targets the U.S. market following enactment of the economic stimulus bill and its provisions for expanding the use of electronic health records. BridgeForward serves 4,500 hospitals and ambulatory facilities worldwide.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!