John Myers, research director for analyst firm Enterprise Management Associates, believes the Internet of Things is the shiny new toy of big data, and with good reason. Analytics run on sensor and machine data from smart devices yields quantifiable impact to cost savings and revenue, and CFOs are taking notice. In this interview with Information Management, Myers shares trends uncovered in EMA’s big data research, implications about the future of big data and use cases of big data in practice across a variety of industries and markets.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!