(Bloomberg) -- International Business Machines Corp. is encouraging software developers to build applications on its artificial-intelligence system Watson, looking to data analytics to help reverse falling revenue.
IBM will host a mobile developer challenge that urges programmers to create consumer and business apps powered by Watson, Chief Executive Officer Ginni Rometty said in a speech today at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. In three months, the company will choose three prototypes to receive design consulting and support to develop commercial apps.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!