At a higher level, an overall data strategy also needs to be understood and addressed. The premise for the data strategy is that the source systems contain or create the data needed for analysis, and can move that data effectively to the data warehouse. A data strategy is especially important when implementing a major new software solution, especially an ERP system.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!