Fairfield, Conn.-based GE, parent company of GE Healthcare, has launched a $250 million equity fund to invest in "highly promising" health care technology companies.
The new GE Healthymagination Fund will target three broad areas of investment:
- Broad-based diagnostics, including imaging, home health, patient monitoring, molecular diagnostics, pathology, novel imaging agents and other technologies for disease diagnosis;
- Health information technology, including electronic medical records and other clinical information systems, health information exchanges, and value-added data services; and
- Life sciences, including tools for research and development in biopharmaceuticals and stem cells, and technologies for manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines.
The company will fund initiatives across the globe. More information is available at healthymaginationfund.com.
This article can also be found at HealthDataManagement.com.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!