Toward that ideal, Santangelo would like to see an expansion of the health system's CPOE system, from Siemens, as the first step. Susquehanna is currently using electronic order entry on the inpatient side of the house, with nearly 90 percent of related orders entered electronically by physicians. "We need CPOE on the outpatient side," he says. The health system is in the process of building out the system for its 150 employed physicians, and Santangelo says it will come online in 2013. At the same time, the health system is expanding its Siemens financial system, which offers an integrated billing module.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!