He's looking to a vendor who can offer a repository in which access is tiered by immediacy of need, with older records being stored in such a way that is less costly but requiring more time to retrieve them. The archive will set the stage for Sripada's other need: expansion of medical devices integrated with the Epic system. Currently, Beaumont has integrated its ICU and emergency department monitoring devices into its Epic system, sidestepping the need for nurses to re-enter data from the devices to the EHR. The device integration was a hit with the medical staff and nurses, who are now clamoring for more data feeds. "We have a long list of what to do next," Sripada says, adding that the medical staff is prioritizing its requirements. He figures that trapping ventilator and EKG data will be the next move.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!