Tim Terrell's holiday list is small, but critical to the future of Cornerstone Health Care, a 250-physician group practice. The practice embraced the EHR in 2005, and has been running its Allscripts system since then to good measure, the CIO says. But the practice continues to grow, adding new physicians and merging other groups-about one per month, he says. Increasingly, the practices joining Cornerstone have been on their own EHRs and the list of vendors in play is long, including GE, NextGen, eClinicalWorks and Greenway Medical Technologies. As Terrell points out, importing data from other systems is often very difficult, and in some cases, impossible. "Having better interoperability standards across the industry is my top wish," the CIO says. "Every EHR has its own structure."
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!