On the list of things guaranteed to give you a migraine, data migration is a close second to fingernails on a chalkboard. Even the best-laid plans always seem to have something go awry. Whether it is the unexpected data source discovered in the final hour, the laundry list of issues from user testing or the seemingly endless budget overruns and launch delays, everyone seems to have a data migration horror story to tell. While there is no magic pill or silver bullet to make data migration efforts flawless every time, there are a couple of ways to soothe the pain.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!