Chicago-based Initiate Systems Inc. has introduced Initiate Provider Management, a software application to enable hospitals to create a provider registry to ensure that all computer systems using provider data have the same up-to-date information.
The software is designed for such disparate systems as human resources, credentialing and provisioning, licensing and laboratory, among others. The data within these systems often is incompatible, so communication between providers, such as referrals, can be delayed and information misrouted, according to the vendor.
Hospitals with multiple credentialing systems, for instance, can use the software to align license, specialization and contact information across their enterprise, says Brian Vile, vice president of product strategy at Initiate.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!