- States should coordinate activities with their CMS regional office to reduce confusion of the Medicare and Medicaid incentive programs and maximize the ability to advance health I.T.;
- States should view Medicaid planning activities as part of larger evolving state health I.T. efforts; and
- States must settle a range of issues before they can begin making incentive payments. For instance, providers using certified EHRs are not eligible for Medicaid incentive payments unless the EHR is compatible with state or federal administrative management systems. "Therefore, states risk making unallowable incentive payments prior to receiving guidance on how to make these systems compatible."
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!