A new report from vendor research firm KLAS Enterprises evaluates document management and imaging software from 14 vendors based on feedback from customers.
The Orem, Utah-based firm finds that many hospitals are using such systems to ease the transition from paper to electronic records. Unlike many clinical software markets, best-of-breed vendors--the MedPlus unit of Quest Diagnostics and Hyland Software--dominate the document management and imaging market, according to KLAS.
Among large core clinical vendors, document management systems from McKesson and Siemens scored highest for customer satisfaction. Other vendors mentioned in the report include 3M Health, Alpha Systems, BlueWare, Cerner, CGI, DB Technology, Eclipsys, Meditech, QuadraMed and Streamline Health.
The report, "Enterprise DMI: Finding the Right Stepping Stone to Full EMR," is available at klasresearch.com. The cost is $980 for providers and $8,850 for nonproviders.
This article can also be found at HealthDataManagement.com.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!