Data lifecycle management – Big data needs lifecycle management principles too. Enterprises must to define the length of time for which the data is needed online and then define the archiving and storage strategies for this data post-consumption. Even platforms like Hadoop provide a mechanism for reducing the burden of a large volume of data being in the “namenode.”
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!