There has been a good deal of discussion recently in the information management industry about the dimensions of data quality, what they really mean, and the implications of these definitions in operational settings. However, not much has been discussed about the possibility that we have not identified all the dimensions of data quality, and that new dimensions may emerge over time. I think we are now seeing the recognition of one such new dimension, data credibility, which has incredibly important consequences for social media in particular and big data in general.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!