CPM Resource Center and The Shams Group have partnered to offer small- and medium-sized hospitals services to integrate clinical care guidelines and nursing/interdisciplinary documentation applications into clinical systems.
Grand Rapids, Mich.-based CPM Resource Center offers a database of clinical care guidelines for nurses based on specific patient data. The database provides a work list that walks a nurse through what to do and then helps them document the work.
The guidelines will be available via Web portal and integration software from The Shams Group in Coppell, Texas. The company has more than 400 hospital clients and specializes in systems from Westwood, Mass.-based Meditech Inc. It also integrates with other hospital information systems.
The vendors believe the joint offering will help hospitals optimize their systems to take advantage of forthcoming Medicare and Medicaid incentives authorized under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. CPM Resource Center is a unit of Philadelphia-based Elsevier Health Sciences.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!