CalOptima, a Medicaid managed care plan serving 360,000 recipients in Orange County, Calif., has lost claims data on 68,000 members. The missing data includes substantial identifying information on affected members. The insurer has posted the following notice, first reported by HIStalk, on the home page of its Web site:
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!