In the legends of Greece, Dionysus holds a special place as the god of winemaking, ritual madness and ecstasy. According to the stories, Dionysus once granted King Midas a token of good favor. King Midas wished that whatever he touched should turn into gold. The boon was granted, and to King Midas’ great joy, everything he touched turned into the precious metal. But it was too much of a good thing, and soon fortune turned to misery as he turned his daughter into lifeless gold. Or so the legend says. Perhaps King Midas should have reflected first and asked for happiness instead.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!