Banking malware and "backdoor" Trojans, which steal data from a computer without the victim realizing it, were the most popular mobile threats unleashed during the second quarter, according to a report released by McAfee Labs. The company found more than 17,000 new strains of malware targeting Android devices during the three-month period — a 35% growth rate, higher than any the company has seen since 2010. All told, McAfee now counts 147 million types of malware in its database.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!