This is a simple data mart question. What is summary data? Most books and white papers state that the star schema contains aggregated and summarized data. I understand aggregated data (i.e., monthly sales), but what is summarized? Is it a subset of the detail data or is there some type of transformation to the data to make it summarized?
What is the difference between summary and aggregate data?
MAY 3, 2002 1:00am ET
To continue, please log in or register.
- Gartners Top 10 Predictions for IT in 2017 and Beyond
- Gartners Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2017
- Virtuous Machines -- How Analytics Will Underpin Artificial Intelligence
- 4 Ways Business Intelligence Software Improves Data Analysis
- Heart Organization Building Big Data Platform to Aid Precision Medicine