There is a big difference between what someone needs to know and wants to know. For example, if you are going to walk to a destination and you see dark clouds, you need to know if it will rain so that you take an umbrella. However, what you want to know is when and where it will rain as well as how intensely and for how long. Let’s apply this “needs versus wants” discussion to the emerging analytics movement.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!