Business intelligence (BI) has gotten a bad rap over the years, but it doesn’t have to be that way. The common perception that BI is simply the delivery of static reports or dashboards for monitoring performance is, frankly, outdated. As the advances in technology, analytics, big data, and database technologies bring down the barriers to working with data, the result can be true democratization of data -- and that’s fun. But, in order to do that, BI needs to be rediscovered and traditional notions need to be challenged.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!