What: Enterprise-scale Apache Hadoop distribution
Why: Claims “no single point of failure” or downtime and full data protection. No shortage of community coding language contributions from MapR, and it’s winning commercial converts of late on those SLAs. It’s early to name any knock-out winners in enterprise Hadoop, but clearly stated use cases across multiple industries and a mantra of reliability can’t hurt their case.
Where: San Jose, CA
Of Note: Two editions, turnkey solutions for private and multitenant, can run on AWS and Google Compute Engine; 451 Group called them the “clear choice” for Hadoop.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!