Q: We are in the design phase of a data warehouse, stuck with a change data capture issue, where the source system is JDE and the source tables don't have proper timestamp capture for the updates and inserts, which deprives us of proper incremental load capture. It is not an option to use the source transaction logs for change data capture. A third option of full-table comparison leads to major overhead, so even that is ruled out. What would be the best solution other than the three options above? Do you have any suggestions regarding the "check sum" method? How feasible is the method and how would we achieve it?
Chuck Kelley's Answer:
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!