A few months ago, I attended a meeting with a group of individuals discussing the idea of integrating a UDDI (universal description, discovery and integration) registry into the environment. Years ago, we built a Web Service Registry based the UDDI 2.0 specification utilizing, applications made available by HP, Microsoft and IBM. These UDDI registries are freely available to try out on the Web (links are provided at the end of this article). We eventually realized that the corporation just wasn't ready to utilize a UDDI standards registry, so we simple converted the registry to a repository.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!