I can remember a few years back when I first heard about XML at a DAMA-I conference. The speaker introduced the topic, predicted that it would be something big and encouraged everyone in the audience to try to get on an XML project. Actually, his point was that as data professionals we should try to influence XML projects before programmers dominated them. Fast forwarding to the present, it seems to me the results from XML are rather mixed at best, at least when it comes to business rules.
Building the Legacy Systems of Tomorrow
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!