Traditional lookup services like credit report bureau TransUnion are using Web services and APIs to build new businesses on top of existing data. Scott Metzger, CTO of TransUnion's partner facing Interactive division, uses API software as a service from Sonoa Systems to expose and sell credit report information to banking and other financial institutions that pass along or resell to their own customers. TransUnion Interactive benefits by being freed of the responsibility of building applications or Web sites for its partners, and by studying the value of different data services as they are consumed through the API.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!