Business intelligence involves managed data infrastructure and business analysts who apply tools to selectively extract historical data from silos of databases, transform the data to a consistent format and load data into tables within a repository. An enterprise data warehouse is the source repository of data sets for all the tabular information collected in an organization. Organizations also build data marts, which are subsets of a data warehouse or standalone, purpose-oriented views of a particular set of information.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!