The latest buzzword in information management - and by extension, business intelligence (BI) - is master data management (MDM). You may hear this phrase and stated goal of creating a single version of the truth and wonder, "Haven't we been here before?" or, "We already do that in the data warehouse, right?" You may be correct on both counts. MDM has become hot due to the perfect storm of:
- The continued struggle organizations face in managing their master data,
- The need to master the data in the operational environment, and
- Vendor momentum with service-oriented architecture (SOA)-based software designed to systemize the rough spots.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!