Last month I introduced the theme of delivering tangible value to the company through the use of information technology. I'd like to continue the discussion about ways to improve information quality. Before you can undertake any initiative to improve the quality of your corporate information, you must gain an understanding of its current state. One way to gain that understanding is to develop three enterprise information maturity (EIM) models: a knowledge focus area capability model, an information maturity model and an information asset capability model. Together, these three models can help create a common understanding of the current state of corporate information content and capability. They can also capture business perspectives on current and desired information needs and analytic capabilities.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!