Master data represents the parties to the transactions that record the operations of an enterprise. When an organization attempts data integration or data sharing, a fundamental problem with master data is what identifies it. Chisholm examines the overall confusion caused by multiple identifiers such as surrogate keys and competing standards and makes a case for uniformity.
Master Data Management in Practice: The Problem of Identity
FEB 1, 2006 1:00am ET
To continue, please log in or register.
- Gartners Top 10 Predictions for IT in 2017 and Beyond
- Gartners Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2017
- Virtuous Machines -- How Analytics Will Underpin Artificial Intelligence
- 4 Ways Business Intelligence Software Improves Data Analysis
- Heart Organization Building Big Data Platform to Aid Precision Medicine