If you were a reporter kicking the tires of business intelligence a decade ago when it entered the nomenclature of business technology, you'd have quickly come across the name of Howard Dresner. Over the last 13-plus years at Gartner Inc., Dresner as much as anyone brought BI into the mainstream, and was even credited by some with coining the term. One of just 13 Gartner Fellows, he also founded Gartner's annual BI Symposium in Chicago, which has grown into a major event in recent years.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!