In my article in the September issue of DM Review, I talked about data management (DM) in a service-oriented architecture (SOA). That article focused on the DM framework that must be built to implement an SOA. I've received quite a lot of positive feedback, but also a few suggestions about refocusing the direction of the DM discussion on master data management (MDM) - in particular, focusing more on each part of the DM framework: process, technology, architecture and standards, organization and governance. In response to those suggestions, I've decided to write a series of columns on MDM, in the context of the larger DM framework I've already developed. The first part of this series will focus in-depth on MDM processes.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!