This is the first of three columns that will feature the winners of DM Review's 2005 data visualization competition. I want to extend my sincere appreciation to all of you who submitted solutions to the competition. I enjoyed many hours of studying and comparing your responses in an effort to select the best and learn something from them all. In this column, I am focusing on the first scenario of the competition, which involved the visual display of salary expenses along the dimensions of time, department and exempt versus non-exempt employees. Here are the requirements of the scenario as presented to participants in the competition:
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!