Free-form text data has long been a bane of our existence in data warehousing and business intelligence (BI). If only those operational systems that provide data to the warehouse required the data to be codified at the point of entry, our lives receiving and further processing that data would be much easier. At the least, if pop-ups with suggested contextual data would intervene at the point of entry and promote quality, consistent data, we wouldn't get such a mixed quality bag of data for the warehouse.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!