Google, one of the premier free-form search engines on the planet, may be getting a little skittish about the Microsoft Longhorn project. Google wants to unleash its search technology on the enterprise and on the desktop, but with Longhorn, Microsoft plans to have that capability built into its operating system and its new file system. Is free-form searching really the next battleground? Or is bringing together two needles in a haystack of information really the holy grail of search technology?
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!