Data governance continues to be an area of concern in many enterprises. This year's Data Governance Annual Conference organized by Wilshire Conferences and DebTech International saw roughly the same level of attendance as 2008 - quite an achievement in the recession. Perhaps the interest in data governance is because of the economic downturn, but there are other straws in the wind. My friends at the Enterprise Data Management Council tell me that financial industry regulators, both here and in Europe, have suddenly taken a great interest in data governance after years of paying little attention to the topic.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!