For example, a software manufacturer could mine textual data, such as product documentation, plus structured data, such as project metrics or call volume, to spot emerging issues associated with a new software release. Armed with alerts generated by analytics applied to the mined information, they can develop a strategy to address these issues before they propagate to a large numbers of users. Such an early fix could save millions on support costs and could go a long way toward maintaining good customer relationships.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!