A major shift has occurred in business analytics as critical decision-making has moved beyond corporate walls and corner offices to the field, the customer site and pretty much any location with a cell phone signal. Smart phones and tablet computers have been the main driver behind this shift because they give users flexibility in where and when they consume information. In response to this trend, business intelligence vendors have made a significant shift toward supporting analytics on mobile devices. In fact by 2013, Gartner predicts 33 percent of BI functionality is expected to be delivered to hand held devices.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!