When analysis is done in an isolated fashion it also leads to the types of mistakes that drive customers away. A particular hotel chain uses marketing automation to identify customers likely to respond to promotion offers. The marketing campaigns succeed in driving incremental booking calls to the reservation desk. However, the marketing department doesn’t coordinate its data with the conventions division. If the promotional offers coincide with a weekend when several of the properties are booked with conventions, the reservations agents must then “walk” customers to competitive properties.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!