The average businessperson typically is not involved in the physical design of database systems. However, the smart businessperson does need to be involved with high-level data models that define database systems. This article (part one of a five-part series) will take a look at the definition of a data model, the importance of a high-level data model for the business executive and how to begin the process of building a high-level data model.
What is a Data Model?
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!