Companies are always looking for ways to improve the bottom line. In their quest to evaluate their own performance, they look at sales and financial data; however, operating expenses are one of the biggest contributors to costs in companies. A cursory look at the revenues of different industry verticals and the portion of money they spend on operating expenses reveals something startling. Across the board, except for a few information-intensive verticals, operating expenses are a big component of the costs of doing any business. See Figure 1.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!