If you do not see a particular word or phrase that you would like to know the definition of, please let us know by writing to John McCormick and indicate the term you would like us to add to the Glossary.
- quality assurance
- The process of ensuring a correct result.
- A (usually) complex SELECT statement for decision support. See ad hoc query.
- query governor
- A facility that terminates a database query when it has exceeded a predefined threshold.
- query response times
- The time it takes for the warehouse engine to process a complex query across a large volume of data and return the results to the requester.
- query tools
- Software that allows a user to create and direct specific questions to a database. These tools provide the means for pulling the desired information from a database. They are typically SQL-based tools and allow a user to define data in end-user language.
- Gartners Top 10 Predictions for IT in 2017 and Beyond
- 4 Ways Business Intelligence Software Improves Data Analysis
- Gartners Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2017
- Heart Organization Building Big Data Platform to Aid Precision Medicine
- Virtuous Machines -- How Analytics Will Underpin Artificial Intelligence