Going green makes total sense when companies can save money in the process. For IT, going green means saving on energy costs, but also infrastructure and other maintenace fees. But what, exactly, does 'going green' entail in the industry of information management? Tune into this episode of DM Radio to find out! We'll talk to green guru John O'Brien of Dataupia, Bill Smoldt of STORserver, Bob Maness of Pillar Data Systems, and Jacques Roy of IBM. Attendees will learn: How much money companies can save by going green; Why a multi-tiered storage strategy is key; How to leverage the Cloud in saving dough; Best practices for dovetailing initiatives.
- Why Most Business Intelligence Tools Fail the 'Hadoop Test'
- Job One for the CDO: Lay Foundation for Data Management
- 4 Skill Sets the Next Generation of Big Data Analysts Are Learning
- 1 In 3 Americans Victim of Healthcare Data Breach in 2015
- Super Bowl 50: Houghton Data Science Students Score Big Behind the Scenes