Data Warehouse appliances changed the industry of Information Management. Roughly a decade after their introduction, what's new and exciting about this business? Netezza says it's the TwinFin; ParAccel boasts column-orientation; Kognitio offers Data Warehousing-as-a-Service; and the legendary "grandfather" of the appliance is back in action. Tune into this episode of DM Radio to find out what's up! We'll hear from James Kobielus of Forrester, plus John Thompson of Kognitio, Foster Hinshaw of Dataupia, and Barry Zane of ParAccel. Attendees will learn: What constitutes an appliance; Where and when to use one; How much work must be done to implement; Why a POC is A-OK; When to pull the plug.
- 4 Skill Sets the Next Generation of Big Data Analysts Are Learning
- Why Most Business Intelligence Tools Fail the 'Hadoop Test'
- Six Trends That Will Change How You Think About Data Storage
- Top BI & Data Analytics Companies: The Leaders and Visionaries
- Using Business Analytics to Make the Most of Data in 2016