Open Source BI solutions have many advantages over traditional proprietary software, from offering lower initial costs to more flexible support and integration options; but, until now, there has been no comprehensive guide to the complete offerings of the OS BI market. Writing for IT managers and business analysts without bias toward any BI suite, industry insider Lyndsay Wise covers the benefits and challenges of all available open source BI systems and tools, enabling readers to identify the solutions and technologies that best meet their business needs. Wise compares and contrasts types of OS BI and proprietary tools on the market, including Pentaho, Jaspersoft, RapidMiner, SpagoBI, BIRT, and many more. Real-world case studies and project templates clarify the steps involved in implementing open source BI, saving new users the time and trouble of developing their own solutions from scratch. For business managers who are hard pressed to indentify the best BI solutions and software for their companies, this book provides a practical guide to evaluating the ROI of open source versus traditional BI deployments.
- Why Most Business Intelligence Tools Fail the 'Hadoop Test'
- 4 Skill Sets the Next Generation of Big Data Analysts Are Learning
- Super Bowl 50: Houghton Data Science Students Score Big Behind the Scenes
- 1 In 3 Americans Victim of Healthcare Data Breach in 2015
- Super Bowl 50: From Data Science Classroom to Sport's Premier Event