Data and Reality gracefully weaves the disciplines of psychology and philosophy with data management to create timeless takeaways on how we perceive and manage information. Although databases and related technology have come a long way since 1978, the process of eliciting business requirements and how we think about information remains constant. This book will provide valuable insights whether you are a 1970s data-processing expert or a modern-day business analyst, data modeler, database administrator, or data architect. This third edition of Data and Reality differs substantially from the first and second editions. Data modeling thought leader Steve Hoberman has updated many of the original examples and references and added his commentary throughout the book, including key points at the end of each chapter.
- Gartners Top 10 Predictions for IT in 2017 and Beyond
- 4 Ways Business Intelligence Software Improves Data Analysis
- Gartners Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2017
- Heart Organization Building Big Data Platform to Aid Precision Medicine
- Virtuous Machines -- How Analytics Will Underpin Artificial Intelligence