This IDC study provides industry averages for key performance metrics that any executive managing a systems integration (SI) services business should be aware of and monitor on a regular basis. The document analyzes three major types of metrics: revenue, project, and expense metrics. Revenue metrics, for example, include revenue per consultant, hourly billing rate, and utilization rate. Project metrics include average project duration, average billing hours per project, and average consultants per project, among others. Lastly, expense metrics evaluate the percentage an IT services firm spends on different areas of its business, such as training, research and development, and human resources. The document provides insight into the differences in these metrics by industry and technology product, where applicable, and provides recommendations to services firms using such metrics to manage their businesses.
DEC 31, 1969
- Why Most Business Intelligence Tools Fail the 'Hadoop Test'
- 4 Skill Sets the Next Generation of Big Data Analysts Are Learning
- Super Bowl 50: Houghton Data Science Students Score Big Behind the Scenes
- 1 In 3 Americans Victim of Healthcare Data Breach in 2015
- Super Bowl 50: From Data Science Classroom to Sport's Premier Event