Data Mining brings together techniques from machine learning, pattern recognition, statistics, databases, linguistics and visualization in order to extract information from large databases. Originally principally concerned with behavioural applications, such as the understanding of customer behaviour, its scope has now been widened with the introduction of Text Mining techniques. Areas now encompassed by Data Mining include military, market, and competitive intelligence applications, taxonomies and internet search techniques, and knowledge management applications.
- 4 Predictions for Cloud Computing and Machine Learning In 2017
- Cloud Computing Sees Huge Growth Rates Across All Segments
- 14 Top Paying Data & Business Intelligence Jobs for 2017
- Why CIOs Should Prioritize People Analytics in 2017
- Organizational Complexity Greatest Threat to Cybersecurity, Study Finds