Explains a new way of handling information, on-line analytical processing (OLAP). Part I introduces OLAP systems, discussing rationale, problem solving, and OLAP relationship to prior systems. Part II details essential elements of OLAP, with chapters on data warehousing and data communications, OLAP software, and implementing a system. Part III describes typical applications of OLAP systems, looking at marketing, manufacturing, accounting, and human resources. For practitioners and academics in information systems, systems analysts and MIS managers, company managers, and end users of OLAP. Can also be used as an undergraduate or graduate text.
- Gartners Top 10 Predictions for IT in 2017 and Beyond
- Heart Organization Building Big Data Platform to Aid Precision Medicine
- 4 Ways Business Intelligence Software Improves Data Analysis
- 5 Things to Do When Your Organization Gets Hacked
- Virtuous Machines -- How Analytics Will Underpin Artificial Intelligence